Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Empty Like a Starving Child

I hate cold.
Bitter
I feel so alone.
I have been so stupid to think that things like this mattered.
I'm losing words. they're slipping... falling... failing.
I don't deserve this.
I don't deserve the sun.
I don't deserve anything.
Should I let go?
Slowly
Simplicity is Beauty.
Fear is Courage.
Nothing makes sense anymore.
Depressing
There isn't a point to all of this... its empty.
Empty like a starving child.

----

This is a stream of consciousness poem. To write a stream of consciousness poem, one decides on a topic, then writes down any and every word, phrase, etc exactly as one thinks of it, until one decides that the poem is over, retaining artistic integrity. The poem does not need rhyme or meter, though if you were to think that way, there is nothing wrong with it. The only requirement is that the form and words are a pure translation of your thought process on a certain topic. Good Luck writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment