Saturday, October 8, 2011

Food


Overindulgence. Crafty. I don't like meat.
I want coffee for lunch.
He always eats with me. We don't eat.
Talk instead. . . I like talking.
Expensive. Snooty. Dull.
Too much work. Not enough time.
Smells bad. Tastes funny. Why bother?
Keep going, I don't want to finnish.
I hate it. We need it.
Viscious Circle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my very first stream of consciousness poem that I wrote in 10th grade. (Be generous. I was only a sophomore.) I wrote this during a class activity in English during our poetry unit. Since then, I have really fallen in love with this style. Its so pure and unrestricted. Its free-verse, free-everything pretty much. The poem is literally a reflection of your thought process. You can't force anything. You just write what you think. Once you have a topic (or someone gives you a topic,) write down everything that comes to your mind, however it comes to your mind, for a few minutes or until you have written as much as you want to. you can change lines when ever you like. The main idea is just to write. you can edit it later to fit your liking, or leave it a pure stream of consciousness. I prefer to leave it pure so that the privileged few who read it can see a little bit of the way I think. I guess it just seams a little bit more real to me that way. 


As always, thank you for reading, and good luck writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment