Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thin Together

There is the boy who tells me its ok
To be the way I am.
He thinks I am beautiful,
Though his compliments are very round about.
He is one of the reasons I hold on.
He is thin like me,
But not for the same reasons.
He and I laugh at
The fat that plagues the people around us.
He doesn't think that I starve myself,
But he knows I don't eat much.
He is not judgemental of me,
And he is so accepting.
Fate was kind to provide me a best friend
The day I met him.
Maybe one day long from now,
I will be able fall in love.
And when that day comes,
Maybe the two of us can be thin together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wrote this poem about one of my best friends. I will probably never be able to show him this poem, because he doesn't know I have an eating disorder. I don't think he would judge me, but he would try to help. And as of now, I don't want to be helped. He also cannot see the end of the poem when I said I will maybe fall in love with him someday.

This is free-verse. There is no rhyme or meter. I honestly don't even know if anyone will like it. I really didn't read through it besides just writing it. It is nearly a pure stream of consciousness. I re-worded one or two lines, but other than that, this is a segment of my thoughts. I would encourage other people to write stream of consciousness poems, because they allow us to be honest and open with each other. Good Luck Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment